These muffins are essentially the nutritional equivalent of a bowl of oatmeal, so I think they can be enjoyed all week long and not just on "breakfast dessert weekend (TM)".
I got the recipe from https://pinchofyum.com/banana-bread-muffins and made almost no modifications.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 ripe bananas (I freeze any bananas that are looking too ripe and then just microwave them right before baking these)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup no sugar added dried cranberries (I get these from Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup 100% cacao chips (again no sugar from Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients minus the cranberries and chips into a blender. Blend until smooth and mix in the cranberries and chips.
- Put mixture in a 12 cup muffin tin and bake 15-20 minutes.