I've always been intimidated by crepes, but the combination of a new non-stick pan and the monotony of quarantine finally resulted in me trying these out. The first one came out wonky, the second one was a little weird, but then I hit my element.
Serves two and a baby.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 TBS oil
- 2/3 cup flour
- Pinch salt
- Whisk together wet ingredients
- Whisk in flour and salt and stir until as few lumps as possible remain
- Heat a non stick pan on medium-low heat and pour out just enough batter to coat the pan
- Cook until the top of the crepe is set then slide into a plate using a spatula
- Repeat with remaining batter
I filled mine with cheese and sauteed spinach. I actually folded them into quarters around the ingredients and then put them back in the pan so the cheese could melt. You could use a variety of savory (mushrooms, tomatoes, goat cheese, etc.) or sweet (Nutella, strawberry, jam, sweetened ricotta, banana, etc.) fillings.