Surprise! Another picture that has nothing to do with the recipe because when I finished cooking, my first thought was "let's eat" not "let's take pictures in case I want to post this later". Anyways, chilaquiles were both easy to make and really tasty - why has this not been in my brunch rotation for years?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14oz can diced, fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz tortilla chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avacado, sour cream, lime, cojita for serving
1) Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan and add onion, cook for ~5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 1-2 min.
2) Add tomatoes, adobo sauce, 1/4 cup of water and all the spices and cook until the sauce is about the consistency of ketchup - about 10 minutes.
3) Add chips and stir to coat with sauce and cook for ~1 minute.
4) Remove chips from pan and divide between two plates.
5) Return the pan to the stove and add a bit of oil and fry eggs until yolks are the way you like them :)
6) Put eggs on top of chips and garnish with avocado, sour cream, cojita, and lime juice