This was a bit of an experiment and I don't have exact spices written down (plus I used a bunch of unusual Indian spices that aren't common pantry staples - feel free to experiment with the spices to come up with something you like).
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1.5 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (frozen works well here)
- 6 oz dried chickpeas
- 4 oz wild rice
- 5 cups water
- 2 tps better than bouillon no-chicken broth
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or actual garlic, in which case add it with the onion)
- 1/2 tsp hot chili powder
- salt and pepper
- other spices you might add: chaat masala, asafetida
- 1 lime
1) Chop onion and saute it in oil your instapot for ~ 5 minutes.
2) Add all the other ingredients (except the lime juice) and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
3) Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then release manually the rest of the way.
4) Give your soup a stir to break up the butternut squash a bit and taste to adjust spices to your liking. You may also want to add the lime juice here if that tastes good to you.
5) Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and chipotle hot sauce.