Once again, I forgot to take any pictures of this meal, but it was delicious and relatively easy to make. Here's a picture of Baker Beach, which was part of our epic city walk yesterday.
Ingredients - Ricotta Dumplings
- 15oz Ricotta cheese (one container)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
Ingredients - Spinach Sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb frozen spinach, heated in microwave
- salt, pepper, cayenne
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Make spinach sauce: melt butter in saucepan and add flour to make a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk stirring constantly while you're adding to avoid lumpiness
- Cook milk mixture for ~5 minutes until it thickens
- Add spinach and season with salt/pepper/cayenne and cook for ~3 minutes until creamy and warmed through.
- Make dumplings: in a medium bowl, mix eggs and ricotta. Add flour, and a few shakes of salt, pepper, and nutmeg and stir to combine
- Drop tablespoon sized dollops of the ricotta mixture into the boiling water and wait for them to rise to the surface (sometimes they get stuck the the bottom and need a gentle stir)
- Allow dumplings to cook for ~ 5 minutes and then drain pot.
- Serve dumplings with spinach sauce (and perhaps some Parmesan cheese).